When we think about “must-have” items, fashion is probably one of the first things that come to mind, right? Lucky for us, Tori Nichel, In Her Shoes Fly Female Entrepreneur and one of this season’s talented NBC Fashion Star contestants, is joining us today to serve up her top 13 fashion must-haves for 2013.
“I love my top ’13 for ‘13′ because they are all re-inventions of classic silhouettes with fabrication and color adding newness and interest to make the pieces statement staples.”
- Tori Nichel
Take a look at what this Brooklyn by way of Detroit style maven is getting excited about this year and be fashionably inspired!
1. A Tori Nichel dress. THE ultimate must have of 2013!
2. Black & white bar stripe pants.
Photo Credit: Burberry.com
3. Burberry’s statement lace trench. Hello!
4. White transparent, feminine, flowy blouse.
Photo Credit: Harper’s Bazaar
5. Pop color solid suit in cobalt, teal, fuschia with pants in a slim ankle silhouette.
7. The blazer: A bar stripe (yep, black & white), a pop of color, colorblocked or tipped with neon trim.
Photo Credit: Milly SP ’13 Runway Show
7. Silver metallic pencil skirt. Oh so chic!
Photo Credit: jcrew.com
8. Anything emerald! It’s Pantone’s 2013 color of the year. Pantone’s emerald is what I’d call kelly green. It’s bright & poppy. I would suggest a skinny pant or handbag in this hue.
Photo Credit: Etro’s
9. Full length printed palazzo pajama pant.
10. A body-con dress with sportif details, sheer mesh details and/or printed.
11. The skinny ankle denim jean in medium wash, worn or slightly distressed.
Photo Credit: YSL
12. The pointy-toe pump. YSL’s exaggerated back is the sexiest yet!
13. Fashion sneakers…high tops are all the rage.
To learn more about Tori Nichel check out her Fly Female Entrepreneur interview and visit www.torinichel.com. Also, be sure to catch Tori on NBC’s Fashion Star as she vies for the prize of a lifetime – $3,000,000 in orders for capsule collections in Macy’s, Saks Fifth Avenue and Express Stores! Fashion Star’s second season premieres on NBC March 8th. Go, Tori!