Are you guilty of talking about supporting more black-owned businesses but not putting your money where your mouth is? Thanks to New York City-based Around the Way and the mobile-app development firm Clearly Innovative, we now have access to black-owned companies nationwide at our fingertips! Around the Way is officially my newest iPhone app obsession, and will soon be yours too. Here are eight reasons why:
1. It’s the brainchild of fly female entrepreneur, Janine Hausif
2. The app currently features a very impressive 20,000+ black-owned business across the United States
3. You can add your own business free of charge through the company’s website
4. Around the Way is user-friendly and allows you to search nine different business categories with colorful maps and pinned locations. The featured business categories include: ATM/Bank, Auto, Bakery/Café, Beauty Parlor/Barber Shop, Club/ Lounge, Laundry/Dry Cleaners, Lodging, Restaurants and Shopping.
6. Around the Way may be new to the app world, but it has already been downloaded by over 12,000 mobile device users!
7. The app, which is currently available on the iPhone and Android, was developed to empower and support black-owned businesses, what’s NOT to love about that?
8. Last but certainly not least, It’s FREE!
To learn more about the oh-so-genius Around the Way app and download it to your phone today click here. Stay tuned for Janine Hausif’s Fly Female Entrepreneur interview soon on In Her Shoes!