Camara “Aunique” Beauty
Although it may not feel like it on the East Coast, spring is truly in full swing. The season is associated with rejuvenation, cleansing, and renewal so we’re quick to freshen up our homes and revamp our closets, but many of us neglect our makeup bags.
If your face is breaking out more than usual these days and you can’t pinpoint the issue, your makeup brushes may be the culprits. They touch our faces every day, but many of us can’t remember the last time we cleaned them.
New York City-based makeup artist Camara “Aunique” Beauty, who has shared her talents with the likes of MAC Cosmetics, Estee Lauder, Kenneth Cole, and Mercedes Benz Fashion Week, joins us today with five helpful tips to help refresh our beloved makeup bags this season:
1. Invest in a tinted moisturizer for sun protection and dewy skin.
2. Pick up a bottle of MAC Fix Plus Spray (travel size) to hydrate your skin throughout the day and set your makeup.
3. If you can’t wait to get a summer tan, try Victoria’s Secret’s Bronzer/Highlighter Trio to give you sun-kissed skin that will make you look like you just came back from St. Tropez.
4. Trash any mascara that’s starting to get dry and powdery…that’s a sure sign of an old product that needs to be refreshed.
5. Last and certainly not least, trade in your ruby vamp lipsticks for pastels and corals like MAC Up the Amp and Candy Yum Yum…perfect for summer. A bright lip is fun and easy, and you can keep the rest of your makeup light!
Tags: Camara "Aunique" Beauty