Check On It
7 Positive Signs That You’re Made For Entrepreneurship
In today’s uncertain economy, entrepreneurship has become somewhat of a buzz word. Everyone around you is either working on a side hustle to supplement their income or launching their own full time businesses. While job security is a thing of the past, the fact that many of us are taking our careers into our own hands is a beautiful thing! Leaving the 9-5 grind to be your own boss sounds like an awesome plan of action but before you take the leap, be sure to consider if you’ve TRULY got what it takes. How do you determine this? We’ve got you covered with “7 Positive Signs That You’re Made for Entrepreneurship.”
1. Low Confidence Has Never Been Your Issue: Let’s face it, it takes lots of confidence to sell your talents and/or services to potential clients or partners. What if they don’t bite? What if they decide to go with the competition? These are just a couple of the many things you can’t fret over as an entrepreneur. If you don’t believe in yourself don’t expect anyone else to. End of story.
2. You’re the Queen of Connections: Do you find yourself making introductions just about every day? Do those connections often result in beautiful partnerships and/or mutually beneficial business deals? Entrepreneurship is all about connecting the dots. Maximizing your resources requires a special skill set. If making a way out of no way is second nature to you, your business will surely reap the benefits.
3. Sleep is Overrated: I’m not encouraging you to walk around like a sleep deprived zombie, but if you’re willing to sacrifice a few hours of shut eye for the sake of your business, you may be closer to entrepreneurship than you think. As @fatbellybella (aka Erykah Badu) always says on Twitter, “They sleep. We grind.”
4. You’ll Gladly Work for Free: As ridiculous as this may sound, if you’re passionate about what you do, you’ll gladly work for free. Doing what you love and loving what you do means being motivated beyond a paycheck. Put in your time, enjoy the journey, and trust me, money will follow.
5. You Like to Run Things: In life there are leaders and there are followers. Which one are you? Do you sleep better at night knowing you’re in command? Are organizing, planning, and giving direction just a few of your strongest talents? If you find yourself leading the pack more times than not, entrepreneurship may be the route for you. *Cue “I’m BOSSY” by Kelis*
6. There’s Always Room for Improvement and You’re Committed to Making it Happen: You realize that YOU are your biggest competition and you’ve never had a problem outdoing yourself. After each presentation, big event, or new business pitch, you stop to analyze how you could have done better. You know things are great but as long as you’re involved, they’ve got to be greater!
7. Faith is Your Middle Name: While this is number seven on our list it should actually be number one. Faith is a MUST-HAVE if you’re planning to be your own boss. Faith in your talents. Faith in your ability to stay afloat. Faith in the fact that a higher power will never give you more than you can bear. Without faith, your entrepreneurial endeavors are a bust. We must remain faithful!